Immune-Boost for the little ones - here's how.
Children receive a non-specific immune defense at birth, but develop their complete and specific immune system over the years. Accordingly, on the one hand they are more susceptible to diseases, but at the same time their system is "top fit" and very active in immediately fighting any pathogens, because their system gets to know them and at the same time learns to protect itself.
For children, every pathogen they encounter for the first time is new. As an adult, the body has already developed a "defense plan" for most pathogens. It was therefore exciting to observe the Sars-CoV-2 virus, which was new to everyone and so a direct comparison of the immune systems of all generations could be drawn. Overall, it can be stated that the child's immune system reacts more quickly and thus fewer and milder courses of disease occurred. This shows that children carry a good protection within themselves and that it is also important that their system gets to know the individual diseases.
Nevertheless, children should of course be protected as best as possible from direct confrontations with diseases (and thus also others with whom they are in contact) and at the same time strengthen their immune system. Especially in autumn and winter, when colds, sniffles or other infections make the rounds, one should pay particular attention to this. Like currently the RS virus, which affects many children. If you are unsure whether a child is affected, you can order tests from us here.
How you can strengthen the immune system of children in general, we have compiled here for you.
1. Promote healthy eating. A varied diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole foods can support the immune system. Here it is best to choose seasonal products, as nature gives you what is needed at the moment.
2. Encourage regular exercise. Regular physical activity can strengthen the immune system and improve overall health. Ideally, this also takes place (partly) outdoors.
3. Get enough sleep: Adequate sleep is important for overall health and can help keep the immune system functioning properly.
4. Right amout of hygiene: Children should learn early to wash their hands regularly with soap and water, especially after coming from outside, after going to the toilet, and before eating. Note: Hygiene should not be overdone and children, like everyone, also need some contact with external pathogens to build up the immune system for this.
5. Avoid stress: Chronic stress can weaken the immune system. In the external structure, it is important to avoid it. As for the inner life of children, it is advisable to find healthy ways to cope with stress with children, for example, through relaxation techniques, sports or time with friends and family. In this way, they learn regulation at an early age.
6. Cure illnesses. If a child is infected, it is important to cure it until the end. During this time, the child should stay at home and have little contact with others (children) so as not to infect them.
7. Nutritional supplements. Natural supplements are a possible support for the immune system when you notice that a child needs a little more strength. This should always be discussed with the doctor.
8. Avoid harmful environmental influences. Children should be kept away from harmful environmental influences. This includes passive smoking. Likewise, they should only be given medications or antibiotics after consulting with their doctor.
Overall, it can be stated that children should be strengthened in their balance.